Wednesday 20 April 2016

Florida at Christmas time HO HO HO





Hello again! As I said in my previous blog I AM GOING BACK TO FLORIDA THIS CHRISTMAS!! I am soooo excited! This is the first time I have ever been out with the summer period. I have searched the theme parks and the shopping malls, their Christmas decorations are beautiful! Look how amazing the Magic Kingdom Parade looks!!






We are planning on continuing to enjoy the theme parks, shopping malls, seeing the characters and eating at several restaurants. However, through research we have found that the town Celebration is a must see at Christmas. It is only a few minutes drive away from Disney. The street is blocked off and an ice rink is put in place for skating. I have also read that Celebration has amazing decorations and fireworks to see.



Preparation starts now! I have my saving head on and will be putting every penny I can away. I can’t wait to be doing my Christmas shopping in the sun! This year for sure I will be taking an extra suit case along. Every month is warm enough still to take full advantage of the theme parks, beaches and water parks, but without the humidity that the summer is notorious for. Lets hope the queues aren't as long in the winter!!! I'm looking forward to getting away for two weeks from Scotland's wintery weather! Last year 2015 was the warmest winter ever recorded in Florida , however in 2014 Florida surprisingly got snow.


We are staying at Storey Lake, this is a new complex that is being built right now and will be finished at the tail end of the year just in time for us arriving. For the first time we are staying in a town house instead of a villa which will again add to the excitement as its something new! In terms of location you can't ask for any better as its only 4 miles from Disney and much the same from International Drive as well as many more prime attractions.

























In my next blog I will be talking about the amazing food in Florida.





No comments:

Post a Comment